- Non-Mydriatic Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) Photography
Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) helps monitor macular waste (e.g. lipofuscin) which can accumulate in the Retinal Pigment Epithelial (RPE) layer. The accumulation of macular waste can cause conditions such as Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) which can lead to reduced vision. The FAF mode may be selected by pressing only one button.
- Digital Filter Processing. Red-Free and Cobalt digital filters are included and provide enhanced screening exams. Red-Free is used for evaluating the Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer (RNFL) and vascular structure of the retina associated with documenting Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy or Hypertension. The Cobalt filter is also used for evaluating the RNFL, as well as Optic Disc and Optic Disc Drusen. Additionally, Green (Vascular view) and Red channel (Choroid view) digital filter views are also included.
- Compact and Lightweight. The small design of the CR-2 PLUS facilitates portability when needed using an optional hard shell transport case sold separately. Canon instrument tables (sold separately) may comfortably fit both the camera and computer workstation (sold separately). The space saving design also allows for use in limited office space environments.
- Dedicated EOS Camera Technology. High quality diagnostic images are obtained using a dedicated camera for the CR-2 PLUS which incorporates a large, high-definition CMOS sensor with 18 megapixels. When the camera cover is removed, the LCD may be adjusted to a variety of titled angles to suit the user's point of view.
- Low Flash Intensity and ISO Sensitivity. The low flash intensity of the CR-2 PLUS minimizes miosis, thus shortening the time required for taking multiple view exams or stereo images. The reduced brightness improves patient comfort and reduces the "ghost" image the patient sees after an exposure. A wide range of low ISO speeds are supported including ISO 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 and 6400.
- Automatic Exposure Function: The CR-2 PLUS measures the volume of infrared light from the retina and automatically adjusts the flash intensity for observation and photography. This feature may be set to ON/OFF and can be adjusted using the operation panel.
- Control Panel: The simplified design of the control panel can be easily handled by an examiner. The one-handed joystick may be used to position the camera to acquire the desired image. In darkly lit rooms, the operation panel illuminates for easier navigation. The short main body of the CR-2 PLUS provides minimal distance between the patient and the operator allowing easy access to adjust the patient's position or eyelids.
All Fields are required unless noted otherwise.